Monday, October 02, 2006

Songs In Ramadhan

It's been along time I've been thinking about how the children learn Islam in a fun way. I don't wanna hear any more about the little kid's comment "I don't wanna do shalat", "what for we do all these?" n the unexpected question "Mommy when you were a kid, did you choose Islam to be your religion?" It was schoking. What did I have to answer? Time after time all the complaints and the schocking question has been answered without being said. All those things made me make up my mind to put her through into our best way of living.

Having some new experience working in a childcare centre, I understand now, kids always want to be active, fun, move, sing and playing silly things. Then lately I was called by a friend who will host the molem short course activity welcoming Ramadhan. I was just thinking about the song I wrote for my daughter. I looked up my diary where I wote them, expecting to be useful for the short course. I wote the religious lyrics and using the Nursery Rhymes, and I got them.


This is the way ....
This is the way we do wudhu, do wudhu, do wudhu
This is the way we do wudhu,
Before we do shalah

Fasting in Ramadhan
We are fasting, we are fasting
Becoz of Allah, becoz of Allah
Fasting in Ramadhan, fasting in Ramadhan
All day long, all day long



Iedul Fitri
Everybody's happy
When Iedul fitri comes
Comes to the mosque
To celebrate the day
We are all happy no matter who we are
and Everybody's happy
When Iedul fitri comes


Learn to Shalah
When I was 4 I learnt shalah
The way that moslems do
We face Kiblah to do shalah and never to forget
We do Shubuh, Dzuhr, Ashr, Maghrib, Isya
We do them everyday
We feel happy after shalah coz Allah will love us
Lyrics are copyrighted - all originally written by afi



3 comments:

Merlyna said...

wah... meuni kreatip geuning teh Afi teh.
salam kenal nya, teh Afi. nimu blog ieu teh saparantos ulak-ilik propil warga WSAB.
i was in Brisbane recently, unfortunately I didn't know that you were there.... :(

A Decent Man said...

Assalaamualaikum, apa kabarnya nich?
Lebaran disana tanggal berapa yaa.

Anonymous said...

teh afie, kebetulan Fawzan punya juga tuh kaset lagu2 islam untuk anak2 dalam english, kayaknya keluaran malaysia, mereka pake nursery rhymes juga, terus di vcd ensiklopedia anak muslim juga ada lagu versi inggris nya (kayaknya m' yusi punya deh), siapa tahu bisa buat nambah koleksi :)